psychostimulant medication May worsen symptoms
- Sensitive to noise, light, clothes, or touch
- Cyclic mood changes (highs and lows)
- Inflexible, rigid in thinking
- Demanding to have their way, even when told no multiple times
- Periods of mean, nasty or insensitive behavior
- Periods of increased talkativeness
- Periods of increased impulsivity
- Unpredictable behavior Grandiose or “larger than life” thinking
- Talks fast
- Appears that thoughts go fast
- Appears anxious or fearful
- Irritability, especially when things do not go your way
*Amen, Daniel G.. Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (Kindle Locations 2631-2642). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
HELPFUL TREATMENT TIPS
Finding out what foods a person with Type 6 has sensitivies to can be quite helpful. Commonly gluten (in wheat), casein (in dairly products), soy protein and chicken egg protein contribute to source of brain inflammation we see in these cases. Our first treatment is an elimination diet where these proteins and other substance are eliminated to assist with gut healing. The Gut-Brain connection is a vital concept to work with to help people with Ring of Fire ADD.
With Type 6 cases we work with supplements that boost the brain’s production of GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid. Without enough GABA, neurons fire too easily and too often. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, meaning that it prevents our neurons from over-firing and being over-stimulated. Non-supplemental ways to increase GABA include intense exercise, meditation and yoga
Supplements that can help improve GABA levels for Type 6 ADD patients include:
- GABA support
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5 phosphate)
- Magnesium (as magnesium succinate)
- Zinc (as zinc glycinate)
- Manganese (as manganese succinate)
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, valerenic acid)
- Kava (Kavain)
- Magnolia Bark (Magnolia officinalis, honokiol, magnolol)
- Skullcap Herbs (Scutellaria baicalensis, Scutellaria lateriflora, Baikal skullcap, and Chinese skullcap)
- Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
- Black Seed Oil (Nigella Sativa)
- Jasmine Plants
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Lavender (Lavandula)
- Apigenin (mainly found in chamomile, Matricaria recutita L, and in feverfew, Tanacetum parthenium)
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis)
Type 6 Ring of Fire ADD cases typically respond very well to a individualized program of nutritional support and brain-based therapy consisting of neurofeedback (brain wave retraining), heart rate variability (HRV) biofeedback , and Interactive Metronome. If we can help in any way, feel free to contact us at Michigan Brain Health on our ADHD hotline; 586-930-5148. We are located on the west side of Van Dyke Avenue in Shelby Township, Michigan, across from the Shelby Township Library.
Remember, brain maps help find the cause of ADHD. Neurofeedback can often correct the problem.
Schedule a Brain Map (qEEG)
Always remember one of my mantras., “The more you know about how your body works, the better you can take care of yourself.”
We Can Help!
Neurofeedback Can Help Overcome most neurological conditions. The best way to start is by calling our office and scheduling an inexpensive QEEG Brain map. The process is safe, non-invasive and incredibly accurate.