If you are like a lot of people, the concept of brain training and neurofeedback may be new to you. Don’t let that that get in your way of benefitting from this drugless form of help. Perhaps you are looking for help with ADHD for you or your child. You may have anxiety and/or panic attacks and the medications you are taking just don’t quite give you the full help you need. In some cases, due to circumstances you didn’t anticipate, you find yourself with low moods or even depression. Maybe your memory isn’t what it used to be and you are looking for that edge to sharpen your mind. Many people find it difficult to get to sleep or stay asleep. Neurofeedback can be helpful in all of these circumstances…as long as you are a good candidate for the process (more on that later in the article).
What You Need to Know about Neurofeedback
The Michigan Brain Health Blog, educational videos, and downloads are all designed to help you gain knowledge and confidence that you can make a great choice to benefit from the application of neurofeedback for you and/or your family or loved ones. To that end, I have a downloadable presentation that will provide you with the 13 most requested information topics inquiring minds want to know about neurofeedback.
You Will Learn This Information by Downloading This Presentation Document:
- What is Neurofeedback?
- How Does Neurofeedback Work?
- Which Conditions are Effectively Helped with Neurofeedback
- Neurofeedback Efficacy (How Effective is It?)
- Neurofeedback for Peak Performance
- Can Neurofeedback Help the Average Person?
- How is Neurofeedback Training Conducted?
- How Many Neurofeedback Sessions do I Need?
- What Are The Benefits of Neurofeedback?
- What Are The Risks/Side Effects of Neurofeedback?
- How Long Will Training Take?
- Where/How Can I Find a Practitioner?
- Additional Information and Research
How Do I know If I am a Good Candidate for Neurofeedback and the Services of Michigan Brain Health?
That’s a great question and as promised, I will divulge the secret sauce. At Michigan Brain Health. First of all, unlike many neurofeedback centers, we have a holistic approach that takes into account that you have a body attached to your brain. What do I mean by that?
Brain activity is highly affected by:
- The health of your digestive system
- Your hormonal balance
- How well you are adapting to stress with your adrenal glands
- Your ability to carry oxygen in your blood
- The level of sugar in your body and brain
- Intolerances to foods and environmental chemicals and pollens
- Your quantity of sleep and your ability to sleep efficiently and effectively.
Dr. Karl R.O.S. Johnson, DC, BCN is board-certified in chiropractic and neurofeedback AND is trained in functional medicine, functional neurology, and clinical nutrition as well as Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET). As a result, he is well qualified to evaluate the body-mind connection and whether or not you would be a good candidate for brain training (neurofeedback).
Requirements To Be A Good Candidate
To be a good candidate for neurofeedback at Michigan Brain Health, the prospective client should have the following attributes:
- Have a willingness to improve their situation
- Are willing to discover underlying causes that can contribute to their health challenge
- Understand and accept the possibility that a change in dietary habits may be needed
- Are able to attend neurofeedback sessions at our facility or perform home neurofeedback training with our guidance
- Realize that changes take time and effort to accomplish
In conclusion, be informed and if you are ready to make positive changes in your life, we stand ready to help you!
Schedule your free evaluation or call (586) 488-4818 to speak with our friendly staff and see for yourself how beneficial the Michigan Brain Health neurofeedback program can be for your health challenges.
Always remember one of my mantras., “The more you know about how your body works, the better you can take care of yourself.”
For more details about the natural approach I take with my patients, take a look at the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body’s Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets. If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the bottom of this post, and please share with those you know who are still suffering from chronic health challenges, despite receiving medical management. Help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living! Thank you!