KARL R.O.S. JOHNSON, DC, DNMSC, BCIM, FIFHI
Southeast Michigan has always been home for Dr. Johnson. His journey into healthcare began with a strong desire to help people manage and heal their painful, chronic conditions. He was not the first in my family with this great ambition. Growing up his mother often told stories about his grandfather Bloom, a healer from Sweden. In the 1930s and 1940s, Grandfather Bloom was a Detroit Tigers baseball trainer. Not only that, he dedicated his life to healing and founding the Bloom Health Institute. He was quite a busy guy!
Dr. Johnson never got a chance to meet his dynamic and multi-talented grandfather, but his legacy left a lasting impression on him. Dr. Johnson’s mother’s frequent mentioning of his grandfather’s success with the ill planted a seed that would eventually sprout into a full-blown calling to become a healer himself. Like his grandfather he wanted to help people without using the oftentimes damaging and unnecessary treatment of medication and surgery. Dr. Johnson knew there was a vast world of understanding that he needed to dive into in order to help heal people the way he knew they deserved to be healed.
Dr. Karl R.O.S. Johnson, DC has been treating patients since graduating magna cum laude from Palmer College of Chiropractic with honors in 1983. In May of 1983, he founded Advanced Chiropractic Care Center, PC now known as Johnson Chiropractic Neurology & Nutrition. Several focal areas of patient care warranted their own distinction and thus Michigan Brain Health was born to further signify one of Dr. Johnson’s areas of clinical focus. Since graduating, Dr. Johnson has dedicated his practice to helping people with chronic conditions that have not responded well to other treatments or who have not met their recovery goals using other methods.
Dr. Johnson is a certified graduate of the American Functional Neurology Institute, with well over 650+ hours of postgraduate study in neurology. He also holds board certification from the American Association of Integrative Medicine, and is a fellow of the Institute for Human Individuality. Dr. Johnson continues to study and research on a weekly basis. He is known as the doctor who digs deeper to find root causes to health challenges.
Dr. Johnson has studied under some of the top physicians and researchers in functional medicine and neurofeedback including Dr. Richard Soutar, Robert Longo, Dr. Datis Kharrazian, Dr. David Clark, Dr. Dick Versendall, Dr. Harry Eidenier, Dr. Peter D’Adamo, Dr. Devi Nambudripad, Dr. Oolo Austin and many others. Dr. Johnson has exceptional skills in functional blood work analysis, thyroid problems, functional endocrinology, neutotransmitters and the brain, the non-surgical treatment of disc degeneration, herniation and bulging, as well as, specialized certification in spinal rehabilitation.
Post Graduate Work
- Certified Graduate of AFNI (American Functional Neurology Institute)
- Board certification American Association of Integrative Medicine
- Certified in Neurofeedback
- Pending additional Board Certification in Neurofeedback
- Certified Interactive Metronome Physician
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Functional Blood Analysis
- Functional Endocrinology
- Neurotransmitters and the brain
- Autonomic Dysfunction
- ADHD, Dyslexia and Developmental Disorders
- Vertigo/Balance Disorders
- Advanced Certification in Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET)
- Fellow of The Institute for Human Individuality
- Certified Trigenist
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Rehabilitation
- Neurologically specific adjustment techniques
- Member of the International Association of Functional Neurology & Rehabilitation
- Member International Society of Neurofeedback and Research
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of the Michigan Association of Chiropractors
- Member of the Macomb County Chiropractic Association
If you are interested in our other services including Chiropractic care, please visit our website at www.johnsonchiropracticneurology.com.